1.9
Additional Fees
Equipment Quality
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I transferred to get my BA degree at Ashford University in early childhood education.I was told they were accredited.

I live in Illinois, but was taking the online classes in Iowa. I worked hard and graduated with my BA in hand! I was so excited! I was told someone would contact me when the time came for student teaching.

No one did. Two weeks later I called the school and they directed me to the affliction school they had to set me up with student teaching. I talked to the guy and he told me something I had never expected! He said, "I am sorry, but Ashford University got rid of their Early Childhood Education Accreditation.

They still have Elementary Education!" I was in shock! I told him I went to school and I have my degree in Early Childhood Education! I just needed my student teaching to get my certificate to become a teacher. He told me sorry there was nothing he could do about it.

If I would like I could enroll in the Elementary Education program."

I would have to enroll and take two years over again! My father had passed away and I received money from his estate. I paid the over 50 grand! I felt relief knowing that I spent that money for something good and I know that I was lucky to have not been in debt.

Then I find this out. I go the the ROE in my area and tell them about this. The Head of this department told me that it was going to be ok. Some people get their degrees first before they student teach.

All I needed to do was fill out all this paperwork, which I did, and then to call different colleges to ask if I could get into their student teaching program. I called over 100 schools all telling me the same thing! I needed to enroll into THEIR Early Childhood Education Program in order to do it. Basically, I would need to wipe away the education that I just worked so hard for, with a degree I already had in hand to pay thousands more for the same thing.

I was so hurt and I still am! I spent that money thinking at this point I would be doing what I wanted to do, which was to be a teacher! I did everything I was suppose to do and two months before I graduated they got rid of their accreditation! No one helped me and I have a degree now that is worthless!!!

This was back in 2013! I still can't teach because this school didn't keep their promise! They should have least contacted all the students that were graduating that year for that degree and grandfather us in! I'm sad my fathers money went to waste!

I saw that their was a settlement for fraud of some kind years ago with the school! It makes me sick that other things have happened to other students over the years. If there's anyway that anyone can help me with this even now I would appreciate it!

To all of you out there that also got hurt by them, I am so sorry!They didn't hold up their deal!

This reviewer shared experience about "losing accredication before i graduated and not telling me! not a teacher! 2013!" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $53000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Ashford University. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ashford University.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Education category for more informed decision or compare Ashford University to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Ashford University?

Comments