Additional Fees
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I began classes as an online student in June of 2014.I am supposed to graduate in October of 2017.

According to my FAFSA, I was expected to receive over $8,000 in student loans stipends this year alone. Three months ago I contacted the Continuing Students Financial department because I crunched the numbers and according to their records I was going to end up with balance. After being told numerous times that my account was fine, they finally agreed in June that I was going to owe them money? As far as getting other funding, they gave me no time even to get scholarships.

I complained to many agencies regarding this, only for their attorney to claim the school sent me $2,000 and that is enough to live on for 4 years. You'll have to forgive me, but I laughed due to a corporate attorney claiming a person should be able to live on $2.000 over the course of 4 years. That is most likely the same amount he charged the school to make that outrageous comment! Oh, also the attorney claimed the school was unaware of my status as a disabled student.

Now, this was interesting to me considering, in 2015 I was granted Social Security Disability and it took two years to gain it, also, I have been utilizing their Access and Wellness department since 2015, which is their disability services. The lawyer also claimed that the University has been responsible for my student aid, only paying for my online classes. This also was also interesting to me considering they sent me only $2.000 of it over the past 4 years, and none of the costs of my classes ever matched. After all the *** they put me through, I am now maxed out on my student loans through the government, even though I have yet to receive my BA.

I am $27,000 more in debt and have nothing yet to show for it.Thank God I got my AAS someplace else!!!

Review about: Ashford University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: Classes are very educational, I learned a lot as a student, That i gained my ba degree.

I didn't like: Ashford does not provide scholarships to students, Does not aid students who struggle with funding, Notify students of balances on accounts right before graduation, Communication with the continuing student financial aid dept, Prices for online classes are rediculous.

I was forced to withdraw from my course today at Ashford University.I contacted a academic advisor and explained to him/her that this instructor have lowered my grade extensively, and she is out to fail me.

I'm a very good student and I always have gotten good grades, because I do know how to read instructions very well. I tried to tell these evil crooked staff that this instructor is going to continue to lower my grade on my assignment each week until I get a big F, and they kept saying you are doing great right now. I said drop me out of this course all together cause it will get worst every week with her constantly lowering my grade. They refuse to listen to me, and did not want to give me credit so I would not have to pay 50% of the course.

I will try to do something about Ashford University. I will file a serious complaint because the staff did not care if this instructor is setting me up for failure, they just want the money. And they are defending her, and keep telling me I need to talk to this instructor about my grade. But every time I talk to her she always make excuses and lies why she took so many points from my assignments.

Ashford does not care how the instructors treats you in the class because they always protect and defend the instructors. I WOULD ADVISE NO ONE ATTEND ASHFORD!!!