201 views
1.8

The appeal of an online program that is flexible with my busy work schedule is high. However, if I had known how dishonest this school was, I never would have invested so much time and money with them.

I dropped a class that I didn’t feel like I was being treated fairly in and I was told I owed the college for that, which was fine. That’s an obvious thing. So, when they set me up on a repayment plan, they offered me a “deal” that if I returned to the school, I would save a certain amount. That sounded like a fair trade because I want to desperately finish my degree.

About a month in, they call to tell me the repayment program was configured wrong and that my payments would actually double. I wasn’t too happy, but I wanted to see this through til the end, so again, I obliged and said okay. Now another month later I’m receiving emails telling me that the credits weren’t configured correctly and now I need to take an additional 6 more classes to graduate. This is a huge setback and puts me as graduating in a totally different year.

I’m beyond pissed at this point because I have been misled and flat out lied to for the past few months. I’m in debt now with a dishonest college and I’m very upset about it.

To elaborate on feeling mistreated in a class, I was enrolled in a class strictly for social issues. I tried to stay by the book and cite my sources accurately when doing discussion posts, since everyone is so offended these days, I didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes. I was getting lower ended grades on EVERY assignment.

If I hadn’t withdrew, I would have received a failing grade in the class. Now, when I had to retake the class, I used the exact same papers and discussion posts from the first try where I was failing, and received a very high B.

Which is what it should have been originally. This college is a joke.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashford University Program.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Location: 8620 Spectrum Center Blvd, San Diego, CA 92123, USA