Ashford university is bad news

Jul 26, 2008
review #129088

I enrolled in Ashford university.All they did was take my money,these people are bad news.Stay away ,research all schools you might want to attend.I have found out that A large majority of these schools are scams and there Diplomas mean nothing.Contact your state education dept.They will usually tell you the online schools that are acceplbe in your state.Unfortunately I made the mistake of becoming involved with Ashford they only accepted in there own state of gerogia and no where else.,

BE VERRY CAREFUL WHICH ONLINE SCHOOL YOU DEAL WITH.Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hope you find the right school for you

656183e
0.6
Had an experience with Ashford University?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Kristen 29 yrs old

Jul 25, 2013 Phoenix, Arizona

I love Ashford! Super helpful staff. Advisor always gets back with me, usually within the hour if I have a question. Classes are challenging but achievable. I'm going on my second and last year for BA in applied behavioral sciences. I love it! :zzz

ceazer

Jun 12, 2013 Saint Louis, Missouri

I attended ashford and maintained a grade point average of 3.5 my whole time and the university when I had 30 credits left I trade to transfer and several schools i spoke with would not except there credits. So i graduated from ashford since the I have had a very had time due to the diploma not being respected as much as one from other universities. Ashford can be a challenging school if you apply your self but If you have the time to attend a local college not online do it your degree will be respected allot more and not waste 4 years. :(

0 2 Reply

Nov 25, 2012

:) Ashford is always in touch with you like a newborn in the beginning and then at least twice a month there after but you need to answer your phone. I can contact my teacher via e-mail and some give their numbers out. You just have to keep intouch and let them know what's going on with you. As for tutoring it is offer to those who have learning disabilities or problems. They offer me tutoring for my ADD. I have medical problems and they have given me an accommodations to my needs. You just need to do the work and meet their guidelines and have it in by their rules and you accommodation letter if you have one. As for my degree being accepted is to be seen when I finish school. But a lot of military people attend their university online, I've noticed in my classes. Just do the work and if you have problems let someone know, they will work with you.

Nov 25, 2012

:) I attend Ashford University and they're out of Iowa. So far my experience with them has been great. You have to do the discussions and reply to classmates to get credit in the classes. Writing assignments may be every week, or towards the end of the class. My teachers have been wonderful. Only one class for 5 weeks. Thursday discussions are due, Monday is your quizes and assignments do. Pretty easy. If you have a learning curb then on-line schooling may not be for you.

Dawn

Nov 08, 2012

I just started attending ashford university. This school does have contact numbers to get ahold of somebody. I have an advisor councelor and a finacial councelor etc. I have evan spoken to my professor in a personal emai so doubt that it runed by computers. however, I do not know if it is not accreditted school. I assumed it was becuase the goverment will not lend money to a nonaccreditted school. I will check to be sure just in case.

Disappointed student

Sep 28, 2012

I have been very displeased with Ashford's lack of support for online students. They do not offer tutoring, any additional videos or companion textbooks, or a call-in number for students who have questions and want to talk to a person. If you express interest in the University, they will call and do everything possible to get you on their rolls for the funds but, could not care less about you once you are enrolled. Stear clear of this University.

May 12, 2013 Lynchburg, Virginia

I dont understand why people are posting comments about Ashford University, especially when they are posting statements that are not true. I have been with Ashford University going on two years now and I have all the call in numbers, e-mails, and other information I need to be able to keep intouch with the people I need to talk to if I have a problem. And my enrollment advisor personally calls me to see how things are going with my classes, or text me. So I dont know what school you were dealing with but I just dont believe the statements you made have any truth Wow !!!!!
:) Really Funny

Andrew Kida

Sep 26, 2012

I am finishing my Masters in Public Administration through Ashford. A couple of the classes have been extremely difficult, and if I didn't already have a background in government, the classes would be extremely difficult. Those who have said it is reliant on personal motivation are correct. If you cannot write well, you will not do well. If you cannot spell well, you will not do well. If you cannot follow directions well, you will not do well. If you want to blame other people in the world for all of your problems, you will not do well. I do believe the classes are easy enough to pass, but it is extremely difficult to earn good grades. 27 credit hours through my program and my GPA is 3.9. Based on the negative comments here and how they are worded, it is easy to see how some people have negative opinions about the school. If you can't string together a grammatically correct sentence on this message board, then you are most likely not intelligent enough to be in college in the first place.

brandib

Dec 20, 2012 Prattville, Alabama

for the win! what a comment! My sentiments exactly. I love Ashford and the person originally posted that the school is based in Georgia, so that bad information gives some insight as to why this individual does not like "this" school. Perhaps a High School drop-out. Perhaps. LOL

Shadddup already

Apr 28, 2013 Spartanburg, South Carolina

:( :( :( For the most part many of us are articulate and intelligent enough to do well in Ashford University. Your arrogance is grotesque. Most students do no like Ashford because an assortment of professors follow different guidelines and some are tougher than others. You have no place making assumptioons of another person intellectual ability. You sound just as dumb if not more ignorant just by stating how they string together an ideal post based on their unique situation or experience with Ashford. You are not paid for your opinion so stop trying to sound so damned smart. If you were as intelligent as you think you are you would be at YALE or HARVARD but you are not so chum it up. YOUR JUST LIKE THE REST OF US.

May 12, 2013 Lynchburg, Virginia

Wow !!!! Come on people we are all adults here, there is no need for name calling, Everyone is entitled to theor own opinion, and if you dont agree with them state your opinion but please leave the name calling to the little children. Real Talk :)

Firefighter34

Oct 24, 2013 Traverse City, Michigan

I agree with you 100%!!!! I'm going to Ashford and I am in contact with faculty with no problem!!!! So far my grades are great love the flexibility!!!! Just because people can't get what they want does not give the right to say untruthful things!!!! I LOVE ASHFORD UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!! NO PROBLEM FOR THIS GIRL :) :) :) :)

william

Sep 19, 2012

Ashford University, United Kingdom; not to be confused with the accredited Ashford University in Iowa[1], The British entity has no degree-granting authority. NOTE: The Franciscan University of Iowa recently changed its name to Ashford University. This U.S. college is accredited by the North Central Association and is not a diploma mill., F
this came from a goverment site... make sure you know what your talking about before you talk ***

Chris

Sep 19, 2012

:) i just started attending AU and if the goverment gies you aid for a school they are fully acredited i know many people that i have meet and worked with in the past have graduated from Asford and they got a job within 6 months after graduating in ohio not just IA so make sure you know what school you talking about and not mixking them up...

serena

Sep 04, 2012

ASHFORD online is NOT properly accredited. The classes are a joke, the instructors are computers, not people. The parent school in Iowa is a real college, but the online office is in CA, is not accreditted, and will not hesitate to rip you off and then try to destroy your online reputation. They are being investigated. If you have recently enrolled there, get out before they get their hands on more of your student loans. I learned the hard way.

onewingangel

Jan 26, 2013 Rochester, New York

Ashford University is an accredited school whether it is the "REAL
" school or online campus. It is all the same thing.

May 12, 2013

Hi Serena,

I really think you need to go back and recant your statements. I have been with Ashford University going on two years now and every instructor I have had online I have talk with on the phone. If they are computers I got to tell you they know alot of personal information on these instructors. Are you sure your talking about Ashford University in Iowa, I have all my information from Iowa and am an online student I have paper documentating showing that, where did you get your information

Kymiemc38

Aug 31, 2012

Ashford University is a joke!!! Do not waste your time or your money and energy with this school of Sharks. All they do is take your money and lie about what your supposed to get from financial aid. The instructors are rediculous and can not answer a question. The classes make no sense and no matter how hard you try, you can not pass. They set you up to fail from the begining. The so called student advisors are bloodhounds in search of a fool. All anybody at that school wants to talk about is money. They hound you at work at home and anywhere else they can find you, sometimes with 3/4 different people calling you everyday for absolutely nothing. It is very sad that this type of place can operate and call itself a University.

Dec 16, 2012 San Antonio, Texas

You're such a ***. I've passed every class with an A and graduated with a 3.96. Everything you said is a lie and you should be pistol whipped!

Showing 1-20 of 162 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Ashford University.
Filing a new complaint about
×